Notice of 2023 Annual General Meeting and Call for Nominations
Australian Landfill Owners Association Ltd (ACN 126 573 779)
The Annual General Meeting of the members of the Australian Landfill Owners Association Ltd will be held:
On: Wednesday 15 November at 12.30 pm
- Open meeting and record attendance
- Apologies and record proxies
- Chair’s report
- Receive and approve 2022 AGM Minutes
- Receive and consider the financial statements for the 203-24 financial year
- General business
- Meeting close
Colin Sweet CEO
Director Nominations Open – Wed 4 Oct 2023
Director Nominations Close – Tues 17 Oct 2023 (5pm AEDT)
Director Voting opens (if required) – Mon 23 Oct 2023
Director Voting closes – Wed 8 Nov 2023
Proxies due – Tues 14 Dec 2023 (5pm AEDT)
AGM – Wed 15 Nov 12.30.pm AEDT
Call for Nominations
- The ALOA Boards calls for up to four positions to be elected at the 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- At the 2023 AGM the term of three elected directors will expire:
- Wayde Peterson, Shellharbour City Centre
- Marcus Geisler, EMRC
- Simon Clay, Wyndham City Council
- Wayde Peterson and Marcus Geisler are eligible to renominate. Simon Clay is not eligible has he has recently vacated his role at Wyndham City Council.
- Two elected directors will continue on the board to serve the second year of their current term until the 2024 AGM.
- Daniel Fyfe (Chair), Hanson
- Brad Lemmon, ResourceCo
- Colin Sweet (CEO) is appointed as a skill based director. His annual term is up for renewal in February 2024.
- In order to become a Director your organisation must be a member of ALOA.
- Where the number of positions nominated equals the number of positions called, no vote will be required.
Board meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 3pm AEDT, for approximately one hour.
Appendix 1 – Information for Members
- Members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting pursuant to Section 13 of the Constitution.
- A Member may appoint one proxy only, and that proxy is entitled to vote. A proxy has the same right as the member to speak and vote at the meeting. A proxy need not be a member.
- The document appointing a proxy must be in writing signed by the appointer or the appointer’s attorney duly authorised in writing. Proxy documents are to be sent by email to Secretary to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The document appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed must be received by the Secretary by 5pm AEDT AEDT Tuesday 14 November 2023.
- The Chair of the Annual General Meeting may require a person acting as a proxy to provide sufficient evidence to the Chair that the person is the person nominated as the proxy. If this person does not provide that evidence the chair may exclude that person from voting.
- If a Member executes or proposes to sign a document or to act by or through an attorney, the Member must produce to ALOA for noting the document appointing the attorney; and (if required) send to ALOA a copy of the document which is to be retained by ALOA. ALOA may on the first production of that document of appointment of an attorney and from time to time subsequently require any evidence as it thinks fit that the document of appointment of attorney is effective and current.