The Annual General Meeting of the members of the Australian Landfill Owners Association Ltd will be held:
On Tuesday 14 December 2021 at 4pm AEDT
via Zoom Meeting ID 8561225889
Director Nominations Open – Tues 26 Oct 2021
Director Nominations Close – Tues 09 Nov 2021 (5pm AEDT)
Director Voting Open (if required) – Thur 25 Nov 2021
Director Voting closes – Tues 09 Dec 2021
Proxies due – Mon 13 Dec 2021 (5pm AEDT)
AGM – Tues 14 Dec 4pm AEDT
- Open meeting and record attendance
- Apologies and record proxies
- Chairman’s report
- Receive and consider the financial statements for the 2020-21 financial year
- General business
- Meeting close
Colin Sweet CEO / Company Secretary
Call for Nominations
The ALOA Boards calls for up to three positions to be elected at the 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
At the 2021 AGM one elected directors(Wayde Peterson) will vacate his position and is eligible to renominate.
Three elected director (Daniel Fyfe, Richard Taylor and Ziggy Shlemon) will continue on the board to serve the second year of their term until the 202s AGM.
Noni Shannon and Marcus Geisler have been appointed as a skill based directors. Their annual term is up for renewal in February 2021.
In order to become a Director your organisation must be a member of ALOA.
Where the number of positions nominated equals the number of positions called, no vote will be required.
Board meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 4pm AEDT, for approximately one hour.
Appendix 1 – Information for Members
- Members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting pursuant to Section 13 of the Constitution.
- A Member may appoint one proxy only, and that proxy is entitled to vote. A proxy has the same right as the member to speak and vote at the meeting. A proxy need not be a member.
- The document appointing a proxy must be in writing signed by the appointer or the appointer’s attorney duly authorised in writing. Proxy documents are to be sent by email or fax to the Secretary: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The document appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed must be received by the Secretary by 5pm Monday, 13 December 2021.
- The Chair of the Annual General Meeting may require a person acting as a proxy to provide sufficient evidence to the chair that the person is the person nominated as the proxy. If this person does not provide that evidence the chair may exclude that person from voting.
- If a Member executes or proposes to sign a document or to act by or through an attorney, the Member must produce to ALOA for noting the document appointing the attorney; and (if required) send to ALOA a copy of the document which is to be retained by ALOA. ALOA may on the first production of that document of appointment of an attorney and from time to time subsequently require any evidence as it thinks fit that the document of appointment of attorney is effective and current.