The Department of Environment and Science is inviting you to have your say on the Review of Queensland’s Environmental Offsets Framework Discussion Paper.
We would like you to share your experiences with environmental offsets in Queensland by providing a response to questions raised and topics discussed within the discussion paper.
Your feedback will be used to inform the Queensland Government’s comprehensive review of the framework and help identify what is working well, and any areas for improvement.
The focus of the environmental offsets framework review is on the following five areas:
1. The environmental outcomes delivered to date
2. Our alignment with best practice
3. How we measure offsets
4. Security and transparency
5. The opportunities for all landholders to be involved.
We have listened to stakeholder feedback received since the framework’s inception in 2014 and are looking to build on this feedback and obtain a more holistic and comprehensive view of the issues relevant to the business, industry, local government and conservation sectors.
The discussion paper consultation period is now open, closing at 5pm Monday 15 April 2019.
To provide your feedback on the discussion paper, you can:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post your response to the Environmental Offsets Review team, Department of Environment and Science, PO BOX 2454, BRISBANE QLD 4001.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Offsets Review Team
Department of Environment and Science