ALOA has written to all National and State Environment Ministers URGENTLY calling for the landfill industry to be considered essential travel under the COVID-19 travel restrictions, including:
- truck movements from treatment facilities to and from landfill;
- truck movements from commercial premises to and from landfill;
- staff movements related to landfill and waste management operations;
- support industries movement to and from landfills; and
- movement of landfill related employees to and from their workplaces.
See our letters below and the responses received